429 E Main St
Westfield, PA 16950
Helpful Recycling Information
WESTFIELD BOROUGH RECYCLING
The NTSWA provided the following information regarding recycling:
- Plastics should ONLY be bottles. jugs, jars and tubs. Disregard the old way of thinking that a symbol on the container means it is recyclable – IT DOES NOT. If it is the shape of a bottle, jug, jar or tub, put it in. If it is any other shape, put it in the trash.
- Crushing plastic can help save space. Lids and labels can remain on plastic bottles and Jugs.
- No bagged material in the drop-off containers! All material should be loose in the container.
- All packing material should be removed from cardboard boxes and the boxes broken down before going in the bin.
- The NTSW A is now accepting Mixed Paper, Magazines and newspaper mixed together.
- Food and beverage glass ONLY.
Westfield Borough provides this service on the fourth Friday from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. and the fourth
Saturday from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Check the calendar for exceptions to these days (such as holidays). NO DUMPING OF RECYCLABLES OR GARBAGE AFTER HOURS. If dumping of bags continues, we may have to discontinue this service. As stated above, no bags, all recyclables should be loose in the containers.